forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New skinconf format
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:41:56 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:

>> So what will be the output without all the skinconf elements?
>

> Good question, easy answer.
>
> The search box should search the whole web, the skinconf trail should
> not show, the header should not even appear, the colors are of the
> standard theme for the skin, etc...

Well, I do not feel that this is right, all the element should behave in
  the same way, so If we remove the search element, then it should not
appear on the site.

>> If the DTD will not change is because it does not validate for the
>> elements say:
>>
>> <feature name="search" value="true">
>>      <property name="foo">xml.apache.org</property>
>>      <property name="morefoo">Apache XML</property>
>>   </feature>
>>
>> On a skin there is a expectation for
>> feature[@name='search']/property/attribute::name
>>
>> So it will not work and it will not display xml.apache.org
>

> Correct, it will not work, as the names of the parameters are wrong. I
> don't think it's too difficult to understand for the user: feature not
> working == params not correct.

But would not be better to detect this problem before?, If the only
proposal is to check for xml well formess then turn it validation off is
  enough.

> We would loose a benefit but gain others. IMHO the gains are much
> bigger, especially seeing how the current system has not worked too well.

could you expand on what actually has not worked too well?

Cheers,
Cheche