forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New skinconf format
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:34:50 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
> Here is the proposal:
> * Forrest should work also without any skinconf element: skinconf
>   elements are just hints, that a skin can decide not to follow
>   (as it happens already actually, just that the DTD makes people think
>    that Forrest will necessarily honor all hints)

So what will be the output without all the skinconf elements?

> In this way we get lax and extensible elements but reasonable editing.
> The DTD will not change, so we can easily inline it in the XML, thus
> making it trivial for validating editors to validate it (no catalogs to
> set).
If the DTD will not change is because it does not validate for the
elements say:

<feature name="search" value="true">
      <property name="foo"></property>
      <property name="morefoo">Apache XML</property>

On a skin there is a expectation for

So it will not work and it will not display

I can see the beneficts, but I am not sure.

> In this way we will have a simple skinconf DTD, that is both extensible
> and formally validated.
> +1

View raw message