forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New skinconf format
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:34:50 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:

> Here is the proposal:
>
> * Forrest should work also without any skinconf element: skinconf
>   elements are just hints, that a skin can decide not to follow
>   (as it happens already actually, just that the DTD makes people think
>    that Forrest will necessarily honor all hints)

So what will be the output without all the skinconf elements?

> In this way we get lax and extensible elements but reasonable editing.
> The DTD will not change, so we can easily inline it in the XML, thus
> making it trivial for validating editors to validate it (no catalogs to
> set).
If the DTD will not change is because it does not validate for the
elements say:

<feature name="search" value="true">
      <property name="foo">xml.apache.org</property>
      <property name="morefoo">Apache XML</property>
   </feature>

On a skin there is a expectation for
feature[@name='search']/property/attribute::name

So it will not work and it will not display xml.apache.org

I can see the beneficts, but I am not sure.

Cheers,
Cheche