forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 10172 - in xml/forrest/branches/copyless: . src/core/fresh-site/src/documentation src/documentation
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:13:38 GMT
Nicola,

Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:

> The fact is that somehow I was still getting errors in the logs about a
> missing DTD, so I got irritated and took them away. Ok, so this is not a
> technical reason, but the more I think of it, the more it seems to make
> sense. Do property files have a DTD? Do they need one?

I think that you should always validate the input that comes from the user.

> For example, let's say that somebody makes a skin that needs some extra
> customization values... where do they put them? Without a DTD, they can
> easily add them to the skinconf file.

Even If I think that this is not our user requirement you can still
doing that with your skinconf.xsl stuff.

A user that need some extra values can added on a skinconf.xsl. If you
check the results with http://localhost:8888/skinconf.xml you will see
all the values.

> What are the reasons we should keep the DTD, given the above point and
> the problems we have been having till now (not no mention having to make
> users update the DTD at every change)?

because it allow to validate offline and to be used with old xml editors.

Cheers,
Cheche