forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [issues] Created: (FOR-133) Cocoon.xconf is misconfigured in WAR
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:08:55 GMT
Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen wrote:

> Round 1 - with original, broken cocoon.xconf file:

As expected as you say.

> Round 2 - including the block that copies cocoon-live.xconf to the  webapp:
>
> - uncommented the cocoon-live.xconf block in my local svn copy of the

<snip/>

> FAIL - Application at context path /my-project could not be started
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: standardHost.start /my-project:
> LifecycleException:  Container StandardContext[/my-project] has already
> been started

<snip/>

> The crash is pretty bad, so others should be warned at least. Other
> than that - I'm not sure there's any point in fixing the bug if there's
> another solution coming soon.

Yes, and I see another load of commits from Nicola Ken so if you can
wait so can I. We are in the minority using live WAR files so I doubt
other members of the community care too much right now.

> So, I am not urgently needing this to work, but as 0.5.1 does fullfill
> my immediate requirements, I'll wait until  Nicola Ken's work is more
> complete.

By then I should be able to put some more time in here, so if can do
some thorough testing between us.

Ross