forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open Office - indirect linking and styles
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 05:47:07 GMT
Lechique wrote:

>Ross Gardler wrote:
>

>>>Is there any way to save sxw file with raw "site:todo"?
>>>

>>No idea, on this I'm afraid, if no-one knows here you'll need to ask on
>>the Open Office lists.
>>

>You were right - Open Office forum was the first place to ask this
>question. So.. if anyone else wants to use Forrest's indirect linking
>in sxw file then:
>1) uncheck File System / Internet in "Load / Save" Options (General)
>2) use Hyperlink from Insert Menu and choose "Document". In field
>   'path' there is a place for e.g. "site:todo".
>
>After that, Forrest will transform links in sxw files according to
>information from site.xml.

Thanks for asking OO forum - this also bugged me some time ago.

>>>2) I'm using styles from openoffice-writer.sxw. After generating site
>>>   in Forrest (static version) I get english inscriptions in styles
>>>   FixMe, Note and Warning. What should I do to translate them to my
>>>   native language?
>>>

>>At present the Open Office integration requries you to use a fixed set
>>of named styles (see the Open Office demo). I do have a partially
>>working version that allows you to use other styles but it is not yet in
>>SVN. Before I put it there we need to discuss whether it is a good thing
>>or not since, as Nicola Ken pointed out, we would no longer be
>>separating style information from source information.
>>

>Fixed set of styles in openoffice-writer.sxw from Forrest 0.6 is
>enough to me. I don't want to use my own, home-made styles.

Me either. Anyway I'm curios what Ross' proposal will look like.

>>You have two choices, only use the style templates in the demo document
>>provided or if you can then wait for a couple of weeks and I'll be
>>opening this discussion and offering my solutions (can't do right now as
>>it is all tied up in my custom skin and needs separating out, something
>>I do not have the time for right now)
>>

>I thought that there is some externalize-string (i18n) way to solve
>problem with foreign laungages. After using "Forrest Warning" style in
>my polish documents (in Open Office) and Krysalis skin, I will have
>'Warning' inscription in generated sites. I want to change this
>'Warning' to polish equivalent - that's all. So... is there really no
>way to do it? Maybe I should write my own skin? Sorry for lame
>questions - it's my second night with Forrest.

The stylesheet could procude <i18n>-tags that could be transleted in a
following transformation step. But IIUC this is could be a general
solution. Maybe Forrest already supports this. WDOT?

--
Reinhard