forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [issues] Created: (FOR-133) Cocoon.xconf is misconfigured in WAR
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:54:49 GMT
issues@cocoondev.org wrote:
> Message:

> When building a war file, the generated WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf file contains absolute paths
to the resources, content, catalogs etc of the webapp as found on the development computer.
This brakes the war when installed in a servlet container. Manually editing cocoon.xconf after
installing the war fixes the issue.

This was broken by a recent commit that prevents cocoon-live.xconf from
being configured and replacing cocoon.xconf when building the war. This
was pointed out on the list but the change was never reverted (and I'm
afraid I have not had the time to download and configure SVN so I'm
unable to do this).

If you uncomment the lines in the webapp target that copy
cocoon-live.xconf into the webapp directory it should work.

 > [While I wrote this bug report, nicolaken wrote an UPDATE about what
 > looks like the same issue. But since I could not find a bug report
 > covering it, I found it better to file the report as not to forget to
 > test against it later on.]

You are right the need for cocoon-live.xconf should be removed by this
work. But I don't know if Nikola Ken has tested this, I don't think this
is one of his use cases. Perhaps you could test it for us?

Ross