forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: ant tasks to do cvs add and cvs commit?
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:28:58 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Dave,
>

>> The difficulty I'm having is adding new pages to CVS.  I can use the ant
>> cvs task to do the 'add', but I don't know how to get the list of new
>> files.
>

> would CvsTagDiff do the trick for you?
>
>   <cvstagdiff
>                 destfile="tagdiff.xml"
>                 package="module"
>                 startDate="${last_run}"
>                 endDate="${today}"
>   />

I'll check, but I'm pretty sure this does a comparison on the server, so
it will only work for files that have been checked in.  It won't know
about the new files that we need to add.

>> 2) get a recursive list of all the files (except from the 'CVS'
>> directories) and add all of them.  cvs will ignore ones that are already
>> in the repository.  how can I loop through a list of all the files?
>>

> cvs commit does not do that logic by itself?

No, unfortunately you have to 'cvs add' all new files before 'cvs commit'.

Perhaps we could just create and use a deploy.scp and not host our
website in CVS at all.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming