forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: svg error
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:53:14 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
>> on these call there is:
>> <map:generate src="cocoon:/skin/skinconf.xml" />
>

> This is used when you need to make svgs from the skinconf, like for
> example the rounded corners that are generated from the color profile.

Yes, I know that but

>> That reads a skinconf.xml and transform it to make sure that there is
>> not element missing on the configuration file.
>

> Not really (see above).

are you saying that there is not transformation?
on resources.xmap:
<map:match pattern="**skin/skinconf.xml">
            <map:generate src="{project:skinconf}" />
            <map:select type="exists">
              <map:when
test="{project:skins-dir}{forrest:skin}/skinconf.xsl">
                <map:transform
src="{project:skins-dir}{forrest:skin}/skinconf.xsl"/>
              </map:when>
            </map:select>
            <map:select type="exists">
              <map:when
test="{forrest:home}context/skins/{forrest:skin}/skinconf.xsl">
                <map:transform
src="{forrest:home}context/skins/{forrest:skin}/skinconf.xsl"/>
              </map:when>
            </map:select>
            <map:transform
src="{forrest:home}context/skins/common/skinconf.xsl"/>
            <map:transform type="skinconf"/>
            <map:serialize type="xml" />
          </map:match>

>> By mistake this last style sheet produce a wrong skinconf file so
>> produce the initial error. you can check the wrong skinconf under
>> http://localhost:8888/skin/skinconf.xml
>>
>> Now, the question is: why do we need to check for missing elements on
>> a skin configuration file for a png file?
>

> That's not the point (see above).

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿ So you rather check for missing elements plus producing a
wrong xml file?

>> would not be better to do all these checking on build time rather than
>> on run time?
>

> No. Cocoon caches what it needs to.

There is not need to relay on cache, when you know for sure that the
document has been validate previously.

>> Cheers,
>> Cheche (who feels that sometimes we talk too much theoretical crap
>> instead of looking on our code.)
>

> Nicola Ken, who feels that adding more checks to our "simple" build when
> there is no real need for it is wasting time.

simple??? removing that check on resources.xmap make it more simple.

should I remove it or you prefer a vote.

Cheers,
Cheche