forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject svg error
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:50:32 GMT
Si,

I have been digging on this error:

ERROR   (2004-04-12) 21:10.09:651   [sitemap] (/images/project.png)
PoolThread-4/TraxErrorHandler:
Error in TraxTransformer:
file:/var/tmp/fs/src/documentation/content/xdocs/images/project.svg;
Line 5; Column 41;
; SystemID:
file:/var/tmp/fs/src/documentation/content/xdocs/images/project.svg;
Line#: 5; Column#: 41
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException

it happens when you request a http://localhost:8888/images/project.png file.
For a PNG file there is a chain of call-resources
(pipe-svg2png-resource,transform-project2text,generate-resource) under
resources.xmap

on these call there is:
<map:generate src="cocoon:/skin/skinconf.xml" />

That reads a skinconf.xml and transform it to make sure that there is
not element missing on the configuration file.

By mistake this last style sheet produce a wrong skinconf file so
produce the initial error. you can check the wrong skinconf under
http://localhost:8888/skin/skinconf.xml

Now, the question is: why do we need to check for missing elements on a
skin configuration file for a png file?

would not be better to do all these checking on build time rather than
on run time?

Cheers,
Cheche (who feels that sometimes we talk too much theoretical crap
instead of looking on our code.)