forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 9958 - in xml/forrest/trunk: . src/core/targets
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:01:17 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ross Gardler escribió:
>

>> This will prevent the webapp working. The reason for overwriting
>> cocoon.xconf was that a different setup is required for remotely
>> distributed webapps. Without this different xconf the distributed
>> webapp will still be looking in places like src, which is not in that
>> packaged war file.
>>

> I was not aware of this setup, and It drive me crazy,  I do not want to
> maintain two similar files.

This was always a hack to get things working quickly. A better solution
is always welcome once someone has the time. Nicola Ken has done some
partial work on this (see his mail).

>> I suspect this change will make it look like the webapp works if you
>> test on the build machine, but if you distribute to a remote machine
>> it will fail. Put the cocoon-live.xconf in and you have a better
>> chance of it working.
>>

> Can we use this setup just for the war target?

I assume you mean move the extra copying done in the webapp target into
the war target...

The reason I put in the webapp target was because it is easier to work
with in many situations. For example, I am often on slow connections and
want to synchronise individual files rather than large war files. So I
want to build a webapp not a war.

Of course, I could always unzip the war after building it, so I won't
object to it if you insist.

Ross