forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 9958 - in xml/forrest/trunk: . src/core/targets
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:39:35 GMT
cheche@apache.org wrote:
> Author: cheche
> Date: Sat Apr 10 04:02:11 2004
> New Revision: 9958
>
> Modified:
>    xml/forrest/trunk/src/core/targets/webapp.xml
>    xml/forrest/trunk/status.xml
> Log:
> Stop overwriting skinconf and cocoon.xconf on webapp target,

This will prevent the webapp working. The reason for overwriting
cocoon.xconf was that a different setup is required for remotely
distributed webapps. Without this different xconf the distributed webapp
will still be looking in places like src, which is not in that packaged
war file.

file="${forrest.home}/context/WEB-INF/cocoon-live.xconf" is used for the
distributable webapp

file="${forrest.home}/context/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf" is used for the
webapp generated for "forrest run", which will not work if distributed
to a different machine.

Once you do this you need to copy skinconf as before so that the webapp
can find the files it is looking for.

I suspect this change will make it look like the webapp works if you
test on the build machine, but if you distribute to a remote machine it
will fail. Put the cocoon-live.xconf in and you have a better chance of
it working.

 > Libs were not copied

This was certainly a problem.

Ross