forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Joao Araujo <j...@wireless-networks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Finalizing html-ihtml-ehtml
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:14:31 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>> My last proposal was to do the following:
>>

> Since I have not recieved any comments (IOW all seems well) and in the
> past there have been contrasting opinions, I reckon that lazy
> consensus does not apply, and am thus now asking for a vote.
>
> The goal is to make html files be treated as a source to clean, and
> xhtml files as a source to skin (ala ehtml).
>
> Hence:
>
> 1 - make .html extensions work as .ihtml
> 2 - Add an .xhtml source extension that will be used also with xhtml2,
>     and have unrecognized tags that can exist in the output percolate
>     through the html output.
>     This removes need for the multi-namespace support would instead
>     force us to do relax-ng validation or no validation at all.
> 3 - deprecate .ihtml and .ehtml
>
> Reference for html-xhtml:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/
>
> My vote: +1

Well, I had a bunch of problems mixing ihtml, ehtml to my docs. It is
also confusing.
I see that this would help a lot.

Can you also fix a thing with .ihtml((I mean the new html). We should
not need to have
a <h1> tag to see the page displayed. Right now this happens and cause
confusion.

My vote:+1 .

Joao,