forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Open Office Support (Re: Openoffice: keeping forrest styles loaded)
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 13:22:00 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Jason End wrote:
>
>> You're right! I hadn't noticed that all documents work
>> like that. Seems kinda silly to me. I'm still on my crusade to allow
>> non-tech people to
>> write documents for forrest.
>>

> For this reasons I added support for OpenOffice. Could you report back
> your experiences with OO and Forrest? It would be very appreciated!

I have done some work on OO integration, I have Writer and Impress files
working with basic formatting. Basically, I have extended the work you
did and am extracting style information from the sx* files as well. What
does this mean? We are not restricted to using a particular template, we
simply use the normal formatting rules.

Of course, the problem with this is that the content could have a
totally different look and feel to the main site. Do we see this as a
major problem?

Ross