forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: htaccess
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 01:33:42 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> E.L. wrote:
>>Then in content directory have something like security.xml where
>>.htaccess information is describe.  Apache directives could be
>>used to create xml tags:
>><authtype>Basic</authtype>
>><authname>"Password Required"</authname>
>><authuserfile> /home/foouser/passwords/password.file</authuserfile>
>><authgroupfile> /home/foouser/passwords/group.file</authgroupfile>
>><require>
>>	<group>admins</group>
>>	<user>jsmith</user>
>></require>
>

> Probably call it htaccess.xml ... and it needs a special match in
> the sitemap.xmap to deal with the "htaccess' pattern to apply an
> htaccess.xsl to generate the output.

How does this improve forrest?  It seems like basically we're defining
the htaccess file in XML form and forrest is creating the file.  How is
that better than just maintaining a .htaccess file directly?

I don't mean to be a discourager at all; we gladly welcome your help, EL.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming