forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephan E. Schlierf" <stephan.schli...@vsa.de>
Subject Re: how to change the name of a linked file
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 06:44:33 GMT
Brendan Humphreys schrieb:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have two questions regarding content aggregation that I'm hoping
> someone can help me with:
>
> 1. I have an aggregate entry in my site.xml:
>
>    <whole_site_pdf label="User Manual in PDF" href="site.pdf"/>
>
> but I'd really like to have the generated file called something other
> than "site.pdf" (e.g. "usermanual.pdf"). How do I achieve this within
> Forrest?

The following should do the trick:
Edit the file sitemap.xmap in your forrest-source directory (located in
  src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap or src/core/context/sitemap.xmap -
depends on the forrest version you use)
Around line 185 you find something like

<map:match pattern="site.xml">
    <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="aggregate.xmap" check-reload="yes" />
</map:match>

Just change the value "site.xml" to e.g. "usermanual.xml" and rebuild
forrest. After that, make sure that in site.xml of your project you
refer to unsermanual.html rersp. usermanual.pdf:
<wholePDF label"User Manuzal (PDF)" href="usermanual.pdf"/>

> 2. Question 2.1 in the Forrest FAQ implies that Forrest can create one
> pdf-file for "selected pages of the site". The answer to that question
> doesn't give details of how to do selective aggregation (it only shows
> "whole site" aggregation based on site.xml). Can anybody show me how to
> generate a pdf-file from a subset of my site?

Sorry,I can't help. This is a question I do like to know the answer to,
too...

Stephan