forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [Patch] A bit of help to get dtd out of the skinconf.xml file
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 02:04:27 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>

>> Thanks for the support, but I've already done as much locally (and
>> some more:
>> update src/documentation/skinconf.xml,
>> src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog).  And the version of
>> skinconf will
>> not be tied to the forrest version (your patch had v06)
>>
>> Anyway.. when trying to run forrest I've had similar problems as I've
>> noted at
>> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=10093

>> and I've referenced this before.
>>

> Can you forward you work on this issue?. I would like to test the use of
> xslt to resolve this.
>
> Cheers,
> Cheche

Unfortunately I lost my local changes a while ago (probably when
switching away from CVS).  I think what I did was:

Create a .dtd for <!DOCTYPE skinconfig
PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Forrest Skin Configuration
1.0//EN"
"http://xml.apache.org/forrest/dtd/skinconf_1_0.dtd"> based on the
inline DTD.  (the version number will increment with every change to the
file)

Set the skinconf.xml from fresh-site and src/documentation to use this
doctype

remove the skinconf.rnc since validation will be against this versioned DTD

update build.xml (and forrest.build.xml too, I think) to use
<xmlvalidate> instead of <jing> to validate skinconf files

then I ran into problem #2 described at
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=10093

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net