forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 9958 - in xml/forrest/trunk: . src/core/targets
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 14:16:45 GMT
Ross Gardler escribió:

> This will prevent the webapp working. The reason for overwriting
> cocoon.xconf was that a different setup is required for remotely
> distributed webapps. Without this different xconf the distributed webapp
> will still be looking in places like src, which is not in that packaged
> war file.

I was not aware of this setup, and It drive me crazy,  I do not want to
maintain two similar files.

I have got a xsl to import cocoon.xconf from the cocoon distribution
using a xsl file, maybe we can use something similar to address this issue.

> Once you do this you need to copy skinconf as before so that the webapp
> can find the files it is looking for.
>
> I suspect this change will make it look like the webapp works if you
> test on the build machine, but if you distribute to a remote machine it
> will fail. Put the cocoon-live.xconf in and you have a better chance of
> it working.

Can we use this setup just for the war target?

Cheers,
Cheche