forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Forrest graduation from Xml.Apache
Date Sat, 01 May 2004 04:42:07 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Some weeks ago, he Xml Project has proposed to the board a plan of
> reorganization. It contemplated the possible spinoff of Forrest to
> Cocoon, but preliminar discussions with Cocoon members have showed that
> maybe another option would be better: going top level.

Well we discussed the proposal quite a bit.

DaveB asked what were the advantages and dis-advantages.
I tried to list some. Are there any others?

Some people had concerns that the Forrest committer base
is not big enough to handle it. Other people tried to allay
those fears.

Is there any more discussion before we vote on this?

--David