forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] DTD schema for skinconf
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:16:22 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
>
> so you did not propose to remove DTD. It was to modify the format, after
> futher discussion, we came to the conclusion that that format was the
> same as turning off validation.
>
> People did not vote for the removal of DTD, If we want to move futher on
> your discussion we need to get this done first.

The two issues (structure of skinconf.xml and declaration of DTD)
are actually bound together, so let us make it all part of the
same proposal.

> > I vote -1, as it's against the easy extensibility of it, as I think I
> > had said in my other mails.
>
> you should be aware that others had spent quite a lot of time to ensure
> that this DTD is in place. having a local-skinconf.xml is not too hard
> to implement and is as easy as modify the skinconf.xml
>
> If you are againts this, then use -0 as I did for the other proposal,
> stoping somebody else work is not good for all.

It is important for the future of Forrest that we solve the
messy skinconf thing before we go too much further.

Many of us have done heaps of work on opensource, only to
see it be overtaken by other things. This evolution natural.

Also please remember that you guys are in the same timezone
as each other. Cool down and let the planet rotate a bit.

--David