forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Copyless branch ready for testing
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:10:16 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> The "copyless" branch is ready for testing folks :-)

Thanks for doing this - it is an excellent step forward.

> Let me know how the test goes. There will surely be things to fix, let's
> get these bugs out! :-)

I tried 'forrest run' and 'forrest' on Forrest's own docs
and tried 'forest seed site'. All seems okay on my Linux.
Not yet tried on a complex site like Cocoon or Xml-Commons.

I saw some warnings about directory not found for
src/documentation/skins/common etc.

The 'forrest validate-xdocs' does not work. Adding -v shows
that it cannot find the resolver library - not sure why.

> I'd like to clean up many things that are there yet, but there are not
> relevant to this branch, so when this will get merged back I will
> eventually branch again to do them. Let's get this working, first.

What does "working" mean?

--David