forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Forrest graduation from Xml.Apache
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:06:28 GMT
Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <>:

> Some weeks ago, he Xml Project has proposed to the board a plan of
> reorganization. It contemplated the possible spinoff of Forrest to
> Cocoon, but preliminar discussions with Cocoon members have showed that
> maybe another option would be better: going top level.
> This would create a Project, with it's own PMC and
> voting guidelines. We can still decide to keep SVN open to Cocoon
> committers as we do now, and keep on doing development like now, except
> that we will have a PMC and report to the board, which is how Projects
> in Apache were thought to function from the start.
> If we decide to try this route we shall vote for it and ask the XML PMC
> and board for it.

What are the advantages & disadvantages?

My first concern is that it seems we only have a handful of active developers at
a time.  Moving to a top-level project would probably give us more visibility
and could put too much pressure on us for features/fixes (especially during
times when we committers are busy with non-forrest things).

Dave Brondsema : : personal : programming : student org

View raw message