forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject [vote] freeze for release
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:50:38 GMT

As mentioned on some earlier threads, we should do a release soon.  I propose we
put a freeze on new development, finish existing work, and make a release.

Here's what I'm aware of for existing work that needs to be finished:
copyless branch
forrestbot2 deploy.cvs
move forrestbot2 into main
check all outstanding bugs in JIRA

Then after the release we can start working on some significant changes:
Nicola's promising (but backwards-compatiblity breaking) ideas for skinconf.xml
xhtml2
i18n
etc.

We might want to develop a roadmap (flexible of course) for features to be added
in the next release.  nicola's branch-per-feature suggestion will help this be
work smoothly.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal