forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian S. Hayes" <brian.hay...@comcast.net>
Subject [Proposal] Project subtitles or slogan
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:28:28 GMT
I would like to be able to specify in the skin configuration a sub title for
the project.  This subtitle might be a slogan, by-line, or credentials.

Examples:
Project name     : Forrest
Project subtitle: Simplifying Website Development

Project name     : John Doe
Project subtitle: Certifiably Insane

In this case, it would be simple enough if the name and subtitle were
rendered as HTML text with two different font (CSS) stylings.  The hyper
link would be off of the name and not the subtitle.

I realize the work-around is to create a graphic logo.  However, I think
HTML+CSS text logos can be sufficient for many websites (but, perhaps, not
for aural sites).  It would also be nice to be able to override the default
stylings from skinconf.

/Brian