forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Eirik Bjørsnøs <bjors...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: forrest cvs->svn
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:04:21 GMT
> How about just adding a pre-commit script that simply returns false?
>
> This would allow checkout, release, update etc, but deny commits.
>
> Just a thought.

The following script might be useful. Please verify and improve the
messages, I just copied them from earlier postings:

#!/usr/bin/sh
#
# svn-readonly.sh
#
# This program is used to deny commmits to the repository
# It is activated by adding the following line to CVSROOT/commitinfo
#   ALL $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/svn-readonly.sh
#
echo "The Forrest CVS repository is now read-only"
echo "Forrest now uses Subversion instead of CVS"
echo
echo "Checkout command:"
echo "svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xml/forrest/trunk"
echo