forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen <sjur.mosha...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: [I18n] Alternatives locales for a given page.
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:24:56 GMT
På 19. mar. 2004 kl. 23.22 skrev Juan Jose Pablos:

> so It displays all alternatives languages for that resource.

One different issue - the language(s) in which the language list is
displayed in. In addition to the present approach (the language list is
always localised to the language of the page) there is another, which I
find better:

- each language is presented in its own language
- there is a @title with the language name in the language of the page

The result is, that you would always see your language "in your own
language", which usually makes more sense than seeing it in the
language of the page (of which you might not understand anything). In
addition, when hovering over a language link you would get the name of
the language in the language of the page (which might be informative
for other readers, even though they cannot read the language in
question).

If we go for this second approach, the localisation process of the
language list should be slightly enhanced:

- translate locale codes to language names (this is done now, but the
replacing text should instead be the same for all locales - the name of
the language in the language itself)
- add a @title with the language name based on locale code (the new
step - this part should be localised for each new locale to be
supported, to contain the language name in the language of the locale)

WDYT?

Sjur