forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen <sjur.mosha...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: i18n errors, bad downgrading
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:49:07 GMT
På 12. mar. 2004 kl. 12.10 skrev Juan Jose Pablos:

> Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen wrote:
>> Thanks for clearing this up - I was under the impression that Forrest
>> behaved like cocoon (not that I have really tested this functionality
>> under cocoon, I just read the dokumentation).
>
> Can you point us where did you saw this behiviour under Cocoon?

I haven't seen this behaviour (I have had a hard time finding cocoon
sites that are multilingual and running directly off cocoon/Tomcat or
similar), but the model described in the Cocoon docs is taken from
Apache (I assume), in which it can be demonstrated very easily with the
default start page as made by the installation package of httpd/Apache.

The Cocoon and Apache documentation I have read is the following:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/content-negotiation.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/content-negotiation.html
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/acting/
LocaleAction.html
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/i18n-transformer.html

In the last document the exact behaviour I've described is outlined
for catalogues in the section "Catalogues (Dictionaries)", and it would
be very strange if Cocoon behaves differently wrt whole documents as
opposed to catalogs.

I should install Cocoon as well, and look into the i18n examples
provided, and see if I can get the same behaviour as for Apache.

>> Do you plan to support this behaviour?
>
> Well, I am happy just to get something that works with httpd apache
> webserver.

I am not able to get there, because of the bug in the CLI.

Sjur