forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen <sjur.mosha...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: i18n errors, bad downgrading
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:01:55 GMT
På 10. mar. 2004 kl. 16.36 skreiv Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen:

> - running the sample site on default localhost:8888, with minimal
> 	modifications to test i18n and l10n:
> 	- added tabs_no.xml to translations/

Should have mentioned that I of course also added project.i18n=true to
forrest.properties.

> The problems:
> - Page not found when opening samples/index.html, complaining that
> content/xdocs/samples/index_no.xml does not exist (which is true)
> 	=> Expected: to be served the default page (index.xml -> index.html),
> according to the standard (as I have understood cocoon) downgrading
> scheme:
>
> doc_{lang}{country}{encoding}{variant}.xml
> doc_{lang}{country}{encoding}.xml
> doc_{lang}{country}.xml
> doc_{lang}.xml
> doc.xml

This problem does not show up for changes.html and todo.html (both from
status.xml).

One more problem:

Using Mozilla, I have another language preferense set:

nn, nb, no, en-us, en

Forrest only obeys the locale/language with the highest priority (nn),
and chokes with an Internal Server Error: content/xdocs/index_nn.xml
(No such file or directory)

That is of course true.

  => Expected: when a language version is not found, try the next
language on the list (nb), if not found, try the next one (no) -
succeed and serve.

Does anyone have any idea of what is going wrong here?

Sjur