forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen <sjur.mosha...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: [I18n] Alternatives locales for a given page.
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:43:44 GMT
På 22. mar. 2004 kl. 11.19 skrev Juan Jose Pablos:

> Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen wrote:
>> Forrest complained about a missing index_no.xml file - don't know
>> why,  the seed was placed in a completely separate directory for
>> testing  purposes - added it, and the site built just fine.
>
> Because you have the "no" locale.

??? Not when running CLI? (I'm on MacOS X, which does not (yet) have
any notion of locale on the command line level - thus, the fallback C
locale - or none at all - should be used?)

>> Upon running, and asking for localhost:8888/i18n-index.html, I got
>> the  following error:
>> 09:00:25.651 EVENT  ERROR   (2004-03-22) 09:00.25:635   [access  ]
>> (/i18n-index.html) PoolThread-4/CocoonServlet: Internal Cocoon
>> Problem
>> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to locate resource:
>> languages (key [languages]):
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Unable to
>> locate resource: languages (key [languages])
>
> ok, I forgot to mention that you need to add languages_nl.xml on the
> translations directory.

Sorry, my fault - I forgot to add languages_no.xml (I had 'en' and 'es'
versions, but since I added index_no.xml, I should also have added an
'no' version). Now it works - sort of;)

Here's the result I get:

i18n-index.html contains two links with the localised (Norwegian) names
of English and Spanish, pointing to index_en.html and index_es.html. So
far so good, and in line with one of the ideas we discussed. But when
clicking one of these links, I get an error message from Cocoon:

Internal Server Error
Message: null
Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
Source: Cocoon Servlet
Request URI
	index_en.html
cause
	/Volumes/Data/Users/sjur/tmp/src/documentation/content/xdocs/
index_en_no.xml	(No such file or directory)
request-uri
	/index_en.html
Apache Cocoon 2.1.4

The source hmtl (actually, xml) looks fine:

but somehow the toppmost locale gets appended to the URI of the
requested xml file. I have tried with different browser language
settings (no and en on top), and with different browsers (Safari 1.2,
Opera 7.50, IExplorer 5.2, all MacOS X), all with the same result.

Sjur