forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Masover <maso...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: local catalog not loaded/used, Cocoon phase of Forrest build
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:18:18 GMT
David (et al.?) --

Yes -- if I call my local catalog file catalog.xcat and leave all
forrest.properties values commented out (default values), I can build
successfully.

Once I uncomment anything the build breaks as described in my original
post-- whether this line only [note that I'm using "catalog.xcat" now, not
"local-catalog.xcat"]:

    # A local OASIS catalog file to supplement the default Forrest catalog
    project.catalog=${project.schema-dir}/catalog.xcat

or the above line plus the properties that set ${project.schema-dir}:

    #project.status=status.xml
    project.content-dir=src/documentation
    #project.conf-dir=${project.content-dir}/conf
    #project.sitemap-dir=${project.content-dir}
    #project.xdocs-dir=${project.content-dir}/content/xdocs
    project.resources-dir=${project.content-dir}/resources
    #project.stylesheets-dir=${project.resources-dir}/stylesheets
    #project.images-dir=${project.resources-dir}/images
    project.schema-dir=${project.resources-dir}/schema
    #project.skins-dir=${project.content-dir}/skins
    #project.skinconf=${project.content-dir}/skinconf.xml
    #project.lib-dir=${project.content-dir}/lib
    #project.classes-dir=${project.content-dir}/classes

The forrest.properties lines above are copied directly from the breaking
build -- so if something's wrong in these properties perhaps some more
experienced person can spot the fault(s).

My immediate problem is now solved:  I can make the build work.  But
something does still appear broken to me, as you (David) also seem to
think.  Is this a problem I ought to submit as a bug through some mechanism
other than postings already made to this list?

Thanks very much for your help, David.

Steve

At 02:33 AM 3/3/2004, you wrote:
>Steve Masover wrote:
> > I am using Forrest 0.5.1 on Java 1.4.2_03, and am trying to
> > add my own DTDs to a site. ...<snip/>
>
>I just tried the procedure and everything is fine for me.
>
>There were a few things that i did differently to what you
>described:
>
>* my "local catalog" is at
>src/documentation/resources/schema/catalog.xcat
>
>* I just left all the defaults in forrest.properties as they were
>(all commented-out) except i raised the catalog verbosity to 10.
>
>Entries in forrest.properties only need to be un-commented when
>you want to vary from the defaults.
>
>Now, it does sound like there is something broken, because what
>you have described should work. I wonder if it is the filename
>of the "local catalog", or perhaps one of the defaults that you
>have un-commented is actually wrong in the seeded forrest.properties
>
>--David

Steve Masover
Programmer/Analyst

IS&T - Student Information Services