forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: upgrading an existing forrest installation
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:09:01 GMT
Nicola,

Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:

> We don't necessarily need to break it.

<snip resources.xmap code>

> This means that every time skinconf is used, the xsl in
> {forrest:home}context/skins/common/skinconf.xsl is *always* applied.
>
> So if we mark all the elements as not required and put default values in
> the above xsl, along with transformations for name changes, we will not
> break compatibility.

Instead of doing that transformation for nearly EVERY request, What
about using xslt ant task?
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/style.html

We could run it on a build target.
Replace Jing task to validate skinconf with something on the lines:

<xslt in="skinconf.xml" out="{build.project}/skinconf.xml"
       style="{forrest:home}context/skins/common/skinconf.xsl">
   <xmlcatalog refid="mycatalog"/>
</xslt>

WDYT?

Cheers,