forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Joao Araujo <j...@wireless-networks.com>
Subject Re: Forrest under tomcat problem
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:58:42 GMT

>>     3. I use  tomcat to show the pages.
>>          This was working fine on version 0.51
>>     Now It does not work. Unless I go to the directory of my project
>>    and "forrest run" . Then I have pages been displayed under 8080, and
>>8888.
>>

>This is very strange. "forrest run" does not do anything that is not done by
>"forrest webapp", therefore running forest should make no difference. Can
>you please try building a war file ("forrest war") and copying that into
>your tomcat webapps directory. Then restart tomcat and see if your webapp is
>there.

    As war file It is worse yet. All the core files are copied to the
lib directory.
    Anyway, It does not work, nor even executing "forrest run" .

    here is the error:

HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report
message
it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet Cocoon threw
exception

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164)
    org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:206)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:833)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:732)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:619)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:688)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
root cause
java.lang.StackOverflowError
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Tomcat logs.
Apache Tomcat/5.0.19

 --------------------I also DID that ------------------------------------
If using JDK 1.4 or above, make sure to set the Java environment variable
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/env/forrest/build/dist/shbat/bin/../lib/endorsed
Eg, in the TOMCAT_OPTS (3.3.x) or CATALINA_OPTS (4.x) env variable.

Does not work either way. In fact, seems that the /build/webapp
directory is working.
I will reboot the server to see if it works without "forrest run" . I
tried many combination.
Now i will try to clear this thing up.

Joao,