forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: [I18n] Alternatives locales for a given page.
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:29:58 GMT
Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen escribió:

> The result is, that you would always see your language "in your own
> language", which usually makes more sense than seeing it in the language
> of the page (of which you might not understand anything).

Sound more natural +1

>In addition,
> when hovering over a language link you would get the name of the
> language in the language of the page (which might be informative for
> other readers, even though they cannot read the language in question).

Done.

> If we go for this second approach, the localisation process of the
> language list should be slightly enhanced:
>
> - translate locale codes to language names (this is done now, but the
> replacing text should instead be the same for all locales - the name of
> the language in the language itself)
> - add a @title with the language name based on locale code (the new step
> - this part should be localised for each new locale to be supported, to
> contain the language name in the language of the locale)
>
> WDYT?

I have just upload on the repository, so you can test it if you wish.

You need to update the langcode.xml catalog under
src/documentation/translations is order to display the lang name for
more than Spanish, English and Italian.

I changed the serializer so you can see the result on html.

The @href does not hold the language anymore, I am not sure how using
@hreflang or @lang / @rel="alternative" can forrest display the proper
language.

Cheers,