forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [I18n] Alternatives locales for a given page.
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:52:30 GMT
Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen wrote:

> På 22. mar. 2004 kl. 17.58 skrev Juan Jose Pablos:
>
>>> Request URI
>>>     index_en.html
>>> cause
>>>     /Volumes/Data/Users/sjur/tmp/src/documentation/content/xdocs/
>>> index_en_no.xml
>>>     (No such file or directory)
>>

>> This is the Issue that I was talking about. We can show up all
>> alternative locales, that is already there.
>>
>> But how can we overwrite the enviroment?
>

> Don't know how, but ultimately it should be part of an i18n file
> generator, which should try also an exact filename match before
> resorting to the default locale. That is: if the request is for
> foo_en.html, it should even try foo_en.xml (=exact match except for
> the extension).
>
> If such a generator would be in place, your code would work. That is:
> we're still waiting for the i18n file generator;)

I've started working on making recursive input modules work, so we could
do <map:generate src="{i18n: index.{locales}.xml}"/>, which would find
the most appropriate file, given a list of locales.

> Otherwise, your code seems to be what we want for the language
> menu/section - it can easily be extended/moulded in different
> directions for various needs and displays. One step forward - thanks
> Cheche!

How can I see this code without learning Forrest? Can you point me to a
viewcvs/svn link for it? I am curious.

Regards,. Upayavira