forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Forrest docbook
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:25:49 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Joao Araujo wrote:
>
>> Jua,
>>
>>> Joao,
>>> The easy thing to do is to put the docbook as *.xml file under
>>> src/documentation/content/xdocs
>>>
>>    I did that. Unfortunately, it is not showing my manpages. Probably,
>> because it does not have all the
>>    XSL transformation needed for it. I am trying to install the needed
>> XSL . Though, it is been hard
>>    to put the things in the right place. So, please in case you have
>> this information easily I appreciate having it.
>>

> I recently posted about using man pages in conjunction with forrest
> pages.  So far I have been able to create DocBook files and convert them
> to troff sources for man using the docbook2x
> (http://docbook2x.sourceforge.net/) scripts.  Is this how you create
> your man pages?
>
> I'm about to try using those same docbook files as sources for forrest,
> but forrest's limited docbook stylesheet probably doesn't support all
> the docbook elements necessary.  I don't know much about docbook so my
> docbook files are very simple right now.  Joao, if you would be willing
> to email me (off-list) a few of your manpage docbook files, I will try
> to add support for all the elements necessary.

Done!

The doctype will have to be:
<!DOCTYPE refentry PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd">

And one minor presentation note is that 'refnamediv' and
'refsynopsisdiv' generate sections with titles in all caps (NAME,
SYNOPSIS) because man pages traditionally have section titles in all caps.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming