forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <>
Subject Re: helping out...
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:04:51 GMT

> What else can I do documentation wise - is there some goal of better intro docs or demos?

You can do what I forgot to do: scribble notes as you start up the project, and
create a brief how-to.

I started with a blank copy of the skin to create my own skin, and then found a
series of problems I had to overcome. For example, it wouldn't compile unless I
moved "favicon.ico" into the images directory, regardless of whether I used it
or not. Little things that the developers take for granted, but that I didn't know.

The project as a whole could use your notes to create better documention. I
think a how-to would be invaluable.

  Moshe Yudkowsky
  2952 W Fargo
  Chicago, IL 60645 USA