forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: i18n errors, bad downgrading
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:09:49 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
>> Before This I think that mostly we need to define the goal. What is
>> the output file name  that you want for static and there URI request
>> for dynamic sites?.
>

> Surely I've covered that in my CLI extensions proposal?

I think so. There is only one think that I am not 100%. see Below.

>> For Apache httpd server to work:
>>
>> index.html.{locale}  should be fine for static, but if you want to
>> request this uri: localhost:8888/index.html.{locale} This will fail
>> badly mainly because forrest relay on .html as the final extension.
>

> Noooooooo. The way I've got it planned is to feed the locale from the
> CLI into the Cocoon 'environment' in _exactly_ the same way as the HTTP
> environment does. So, to see a particular page, via your browser, you go
> to localhost:8888/index.html, having specified your preferred locale in
> your browser.

If you  pass the locale, you are able get this done at least for {lang}.
   I think that we need a I18nFile generator that allows to do the
"downgrading scheme"

But there is something that I am not 100% sure that we are doing it
right. check www.debian.org. an on the botton You will see that there is
a way for users to overwrite their locale settings.

There is a buch of these links:

<a rel="alternate" lang="es" hreflang="es" title="Spanish"
href="index.es.html">espaƱol</a>

So I guess that we need to find a way to overwrite locale settings on
filename.

>> 3) Use CLI to run as many times as locales defined on a config file.
>

> That is what we'll have the CLI do for us.
>
> Basically, as far as a Forrest site is concerned, it _should not_ need
> to know if it is going to be deployed static or dynamic. It should work
> exactly the same in either environment. When you can to create a static
> site, you configure the CLI to produce the site in a way that is
> suitable for your particular web server (mainly httpd).
>
> Make sense?

It does.