forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: i18n errors, bad downgrading
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:05:17 GMT
Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen wrote:

> The problems:
>
> - the menu and tabs are not translated when opening
> localhost:8888/index.html, only the body

I am not able to reproduce this error. That works fine on my system.
Make sure that you have tabs_no.xml and menu_no.xml under
src/documentation/translations

>     => Expected: to be served the default page (index.xml ->
> index.html), according to the standard (as I have understood cocoon)
> downgrading scheme:
>
> doc_{lang}{country}{encoding}{variant}.xml
> doc_{lang}{country}{encoding}.xml
> doc_{lang}{country}.xml
> doc_{lang}.xml
> doc.xml

That is not supported by forrest yet. As I said on another mail this
"downgrading scheme" is not in place.

> - the CLI complained and finally FAILED due to missing _no documents -
> adding xdocs/index_no.xml seemed to indicate to the CLI that ALL files
> should also exist in _no variants. That assumption does not hold, and
> will never hold for my site.

This support is only for "forrest run"