forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: About SVN
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:35:57 GMT
Dave,

> Version control is all about history.  While it does seem quite unlikely that
> these tags and branches would ever be referenced in the future, it doesn't
> hurt to keep them.  And since the repository keeps a history of everything,
> our lists of tags and branches won't be very clean (meaning: old and unused
> ones will still be there) but that's ok.  If we start removing stuff from the
> repository, it loses it's integrity.

Sure, but some client like rapidsvn does not seem to be just the trunk
version, It tries to download the whole lot.

cheche@yarel:~/xml/forrest/branches$ ls
apache             FORREST_03_BRANCH  FORREST_05_BRANCH
FORREST_02_BRANCH  FORREST_04_BRANCH  LINKMAP_BRANCH
cheche@yarel:~/xml/forrest/branches$ du -sm .
238     .

238 Mg from previous versions (I stoped when I realize of that issue.).

So I am -1 about anything that did not result on a source/binary released.