forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration of skins
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:15:35 GMT
Stephan E. Schlierf wrote:
> Dave Brondsema schrieb:

<snip/>

>>> fetch-skins-descriptors:
>>> fetching descriptor: http://xml.apache.org/forrest/skins/skins.xml
>>> Getting: http://xml.apache.org/forrest/skins/skins.xml
>>>
>>> But I don't want to download any skins but use the "builtin" krysalis
>>> site.
>>> What's going wrong ?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>> Stephan
>>

>> Forrest always downloads the skins-descriptor, I think.  But it won't
>> download any skins unless it needs to.
>>

> Say I don't want to download the skins-descriptors (don't have an
> internet connection, work behind a firewall or something like that). How
> can I do this ?

It will still work as is. That is once the connection has timed out the
build will proceed as normal.

Personally I don't like this behaviour. Most of my work is done on a
laptop which is often not connected. The delay in attempting to download
the descriptor is annoying. However, I've not got so annoyed as to fix
it yet. Perhaps someone else will.

Ross