forrest-dev mailing list archives

From superbon...@bluemail.ch
Subject Forrest and batik SVG generation problem
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:44:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently using forrest 0.5 and I have some troubles
to generate SVG to JPEG's

My SVG is including a background image :

<image xlink:href="file://..." />

No problems to generate the SVG to JPEG or PNG with sun jdk
1.4.1 this is just working fine and no complaints so far.

first issue : when I switch to sun jdk 1.4.2, the background images is not
generated anymore, the is a blank image as background

second issue : when I set the -Djava.awt.headless=true to true forrest just
crash :

     [java] * [0]   1.016s 0b      images/btn_About_on_svg.jpeg
     [java] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.spi.ImageTagRegistry.getRegist
ry(ImageTagRegistry.java:273)
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGImageElementBridge.createRasterIma
geNode(SVGImageElementBridge.java:280)

I know that such issues are related to batik and not forrest that
seems to ship batik 1.5b4. The -Djava.awt.headless=true issue with batik
seems to have been fixed with 1.5b5 release :
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/ext/awt/image/spi/JDKRegistryEntry.java
see comments of revision 1.6 of the file.
I presume also that the latest version of batik fix the blank image
issue with jdk 1.4.2

So here is the question : Is there any plans to migrate to the
latest and greatest of batik (1.5.1) for by example forrest 0.6
to fix those nasty bugs ?

Thanks for your great work

Regards

SuperBonBon