forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <>
Subject Re: About SVN
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 13:14:16 GMT

Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>>Version control is all about history.  While it does seem quite unlikely
>>>that these tags and branches would ever be referenced in the future, it
>>>doesn't hurt to keep them.  And since the repository keeps a history of
>>>everything, our lists of tags and branches won't be very clean (meaning:
>>>old and unused ones will still be there) but that's ok.  If we start
>>>removing stuff from the repository, it loses it's integrity.

Hold on here. How is going the repository lose integrity if I remove a
Branch that is not longer been used?

I am happy to keep FORREST_*_BRANCH/ for historical reason, but no
others that where created when a mayor change was made on forrest.

I happy to have  FORREST_*/ and stable, but I do not think that it is
necesary to keep the others.

Can you elaborate a bit more on "losing integrity"?

Thank you david!

View raw message