forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen <sjur.mosha...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: i18n errors, bad downgrading
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:25:28 GMT
På 10. mar. 2004 kl. 17.01 skrev Upayavira:

>>     => Expected: the CLI should generate whatever is given to it - if
>> one file has five language variants, another three, and still another
>> only one, it should generate exactly that site. It has to be up to
>> the content negotiation to pick the _best_ one, given the users
>> priorities.
>
> I have been planning something like this within the CLI for some time,
> and it is my next project after completing the migration of the Cocoon
> Wiki to Apache's wikifarm.
>
> I will make it possible within the CLI to specify a number of locales,
> and the CLI will then generate every page in each of the specified
> locales. The locale will be passed to Cocoon in the same way as a
> browser would.

That would be nice, especially if one could get back a report with
information on missing pages for a given locale.

On the other hand, the available (localised) resources are already in
the src directory tree, so why wouldn't you just take all and every
page in turn and generate the static version of it? (maybe this has
been discussed before, if so please ignore/refer me to that
discussion).

> It sounds like you know what you're talking about in relation to i18n.
> I haven't a clue, so I'm more than happy to be guided by you in this
> regard.

Thanks;) I will help with whatever I can - I am not a Java programmer,
and pretty new to XSLT (though not to XML), so I am happy for whatever
_you_ do to help me!

> I can explain more of what I plan if you're interested.

Please do, I am both interested and need this feature;)