forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen <sjur.mosha...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: [I18n] Alternatives locales for a given page.
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:33:37 GMT
På 22. mar. 2004 kl. 17.58 skrev Juan Jose Pablos:

>> Request URI
>>     index_en.html
>> cause
>>     /Volumes/Data/Users/sjur/tmp/src/documentation/content/xdocs/
>> index_en_no.xml
>>     (No such file or directory)
>
> This is the Issue that I was talking about. We can show up all
> alternative locales, that is already there.
>
> But how can we overwrite the enviroment?

Don't know how, but ultimately it should be part of an i18n file
generator, which should try also an exact filename match before
resorting to the default locale. That is: if the request is for
foo_en.html, it should even try foo_en.xml (=exact match except for the
extension).

If such a generator would be in place, your code would work. That is:
we're still waiting for the i18n file generator;)

Otherwise, your code seems to be what we want for the language
menu/section - it can easily be extended/moulded in different
directions for various needs and displays. One step forward - thanks
Cheche!

Sjur