forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "E.L." <>
Subject Re: helping out...
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 02:37:38 GMT
> > What else can I do documentation wise - is there some goal of better intro docs
or demos?
> You can do what I forgot to do: scribble notes as you start up the project, and
> create a brief how-to.
> I started with a blank copy of the skin to create my own skin, and then found a
> series of problems I had to overcome. For example, it wouldn't compile unless I
> moved "favicon.ico" into the images directory, regardless of whether I used it
> or not. Little things that the developers take for granted, but that I didn't know.
> The project as a whole could use your notes to create better documention. I
> think a how-to would be invaluable.

Good point - I went through the basic forrest tutorial, but I'd like to create a how-to for
the 2
ways of creating a site by starting with a blank site.xml (or a realy stripped down version).

>From what I understand so far - there are 2 ways to create a site (well - 2 basic ways):
create a huge site.xml for your whole site or (2) create separate directory with .xml files
representing various part of the site (like the site generated by seed).

Do you Yahoo!?