forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: helping out...
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 04:05:55 GMT
E.L. wrote:
<snip/>

> I thought there was a way to have one .xml file that would look like different sections
of a web
> site (the line I saw was: "Merge XML sources via aggregation, or make content from large
XML
> sources available as "virtual" files." from http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html).

> Sounds like a mis-understood this - I'll look around forrest site for further clarification.

Bear in mind that Forrest is based on Cocoon, so all of the
Cocoon documentation is relevant. Try these links for example ...
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html

To answer your specific question, you need to understand a
sitemap technique called Aggregation. It is a special use of
a Generator, which is a Sitemap Component that starts the pipeline
flowing. Aggregation is the combining of different XML sources.
See sitemap.html for an overview.

Don't get lost! We hope to see you back here.

--David