forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: i18n suggestion
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:32:44 GMT
Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org>:

> Upayavira wrote:
>  > The question is -
> > what do do if there is a translated page that isn't accessible via a
> > direct route from the homepage. This page wouldn't be found if we just
> > followed links from a language's index page.
>
> This is a more general point: should we generate only pages that are
> accessible through crawling?

If the CLI can't crawl to it via links, how would a user ever get to it?  Site
menus normally link to everything anyway.  The only case would be a "hidden"
page with no links to it that users access with a link from an external page (or
email, or bookmark) in which case we just feed that page to the CLI in the
configuration file.

> I would simply add, beside the "pdf" and "print" buttons a "lang"
> section where we can select the language. In this way all pages would be
> easily reachable.
>
> The question is how to do this: combobox, list with css, list with
> javascript?

Yes I agree.  This should be part of the skin and potentially configurable too,
right?

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal