forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: i18n suggestion
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:38:48 GMT
Quoting Upayavira <uv@upaya.co.uk>:

> But to do that, you've got to do all sort of directoryGenerator
> handling, to look into the source folder, and find all of the files that
> are translations of this particular page and then convert that into the
> every page.
>
> Also, I don't like the idea of the CLI having to rely upon some content
> of the page (other than links), especially something we arbitrarily add.
> It means that the CLI will no longer work on ordinary sites, unless
> someone codes them specifically for use with the CLI.
>
> So I'm not really happy with this approach. For now, though, I've not
> got a better suggestion
>
> Upayavira

I'm personally interested in getting i18n to work for forrest too, but I haven't
been following this thread too closely.  What exactly is the issue with
spidering on links?  Can't we give multiple initial pages (the index for each
language) to the CLI and it will then spider along the links and generate all
the pages we need?

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal