forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject RE: forrest cvs->svn
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 03:35:41 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:.
>
> > Just toss people out from the 'avail' file. That will disable commits to
> > the repository. Then make the module directory writable again, which will
> > allow for lockfiles to be created.
>
> > How does the above sound?
>
> Sorry that we hadn't thought of using avail for the purpose in the first
> place.  I'll add this to my admin cookbook.
>
> xml-forrest was on a line with other modules in a couple places, so I
> removed the "xml-forrest" module name from avail.  The change to make the
> directory read-only was to change the group from xml to wheel.  I just
> reverted that change.
>
> David, is it working again for you?

Yes, i have 'cvs update' properly. Now i can merge my
outstanding changes back into our new SVN repository.

I tried a test commit back to the old CVS and yes that was
rejected as expected.

What should happen with the old xml-forrest CVS? We have
changed all our online doco to point to the new SVN.
We don't want users to accidently checkout the old CVS,
thinking that it is current. Should we add a WARNING file
to its top-level? Also should the old viewCVS.cgi be
disabled to avoid confusion?

--David