forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] A bit of help to get dtd out of the skinconf.xml file
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:26:52 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > However "validation" is a different thing to "resolving" the DTD.
> > The parser must resolve the DTD no matter whether it is doing
> > validation or not.
>
> What is the point on doing that?
>
> If you are not going to validate the document, I can not see
> why you need to resolve that url.

It is because the parser needs the complete information set
to be able to process the xml instance. The DTD might bring
in other bits of information, e.g. character entities.

> so, what is in your opinion the best approach here?

I don't know yet. I am still trying to assimilate the
previous discussion on this topic, and get time to
experiment, and catch up with the mail deluge after being
away for a week, and try to switch to using SVN for Forrest,

--David