forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [Patch] A bit of help to get dtd out of the skinconf.xml file
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:53:17 GMT
Quoting Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@che-che.com>:

> Hi,
> i have been trying to get all DTD information out of the skinconf.xml
>
> Now I have a problem with Jing, If I add the DOCUMENT TYPE on the file,
> I got an error because It does not find the dtd file. I assume that Jing
>   does ont use xcatalog. So I got a few options here:
>
> 1) comment document type as it has been validate with Jing
>
> 2) Use the ant validator xml

This would be good, but <xmlproperty> then fails trying to load the DTD (it
doesn't support a catalog).

> 3) Put dtd file unde xml.apache.org/forrest/dtd

No good; we don't want to require users to be online.

> 4) Ask for help :-)

:-)

> Cheers,
> Cheche

Thanks for the support, but I've already done as much locally (and some more:
update src/documentation/skinconf.xml,
src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog).  And the version of skinconf will
not be tied to the forrest version (your patch had v06)

Anyway.. when trying to run forrest I've had similar problems as I've noted at
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=10093
and I've referenced this before.

--
Dave Brondsema